WORSHIP But the hour cometh and now is when true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and inTruth, for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth. (John 4:23-24)
The Worship Ministry provides a shared experience of communication with God, under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, through the working of the Holy Spirit, within each believer.
Deacon of the Week
Deacons are assigned weekly duties by the Pastor. They are responsible for facilitating Sunday morning worship, providing assistance and participating through fellowship during the week. They are considered as ministering servants of the church.
Adult Choir Members who love to sing, are in good standing, and are enrolled in a Bible study may become a participant.
Praise Team Comprised of a blended group of singers who perform with the voice amplification system.
Children’s Choir learn at an early age to lift up God in praise through song.
Men of the Word All men of ESBC are encouraged to lift their voices in song. This is a time for men to bond and fellowship. This group sings on the first Sunday.
Drama, a ministry that spreads God’s Word through spiritually based plays and readings that appeal to Christian families. This ministry may perform skits during CDD worship service and specific holidays.
Multi-Media creates a visual ministry that leads the congregation to experience in a pleasing, creative, and colorful way. Multi Media also records church services and prepares DVD’s for those who are homebound. Multi-Media also prepares online livestream services, via Facebook and YouTube.
DISCIPLESHIP To equip and train God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. (Ephesians 4:12-13)
Every member of ESBC is disciple and should be active in the role of discipleship by accepting and spreading the Biblical doctrines.
Deacons serve under the leadership of the Pastor. Their duties are to support and assist the Pastor by performing duties and allowing the Pastor to focus on the ministry of the Word.
Education, an adequate educational system of Christian schools is necessary for the development and spiritual growth of the people of Jesus Christ.
Small Groups are vital to the developmental growth of individuals and the church. Small Groups are held in homes and at the church.
FELLOWSHIP The coming together of God and His people, with the result of encouragement for God’s people for daily living of their faith. (Hebrews 10:25)
There is nothing more special than when God’s people get together for a work project, a special occasion, or just to have fun.
Calendar Team creates a calendar of events for the year
Kitchen oversees the maintenance and operation of the kitchen
Activities features cruises, weekend getaways, plays
Public Relations tells others what God is doing through us
- Good News Weekly – church bulletin that publishes ESBC’s news
MINISTRY To respond lovingly to people’s needs in Jesus name. (Matthew 25:34-46)
Pastoral Care Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care. (1 Peter 5:2). To inform and support the development of Best Pastoral Care within ESBC and during all Christian pastoral contexts/settings.
Sunday School From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Eph 4:16)
It is the mission of the Sunday School to educate our children and adults by teaching the word of God through the sharing of bible stories, by providing examples of Christian living on every level, and by encouraging Christian growth and evangelistic outreach in order to win souls for Christ.
Sunday School begins promptly at 9:40 after a half hour of breakfast and socializing in the fellowship hall. There are many classes for every age group from pre-school to youth to adults. From these groups other sub-groups are available: Senior and Junior boys and girls, Adults, Senior Adults, Couples, Women and Men. All teachers have been trained in Orientation 101, 201, and 301.
101 – orientation
201 – discovering spiritual maturity
301 – discovering my ministry
Sunday School is ongoing training in God’s word. Our classes meet every Sunday morning from 9:40 a.m. until 10:45 a.m.
Preschool Kids play, learn, and grow in a loving, caring, and safe preschool environment. Preschool teachers and workers are trained to give quality care and individual attention to the children. They learn about God’s love and His creation through songs, activities, stories, and play.
Grades 1 – 6 Teachers use appropriate Bible learning methods that guide children to discover Bible facts so they can apply them to their lives each day. Our curriculum is designed so that the message of the Bible is interpreted in terms of children’s spiritual and developmental needs and interest. Children learn to love God and others in a safe environment and through a variety of activities.
Junior High Boys Junior High boys are taught to be more loving towards each other and less self-centered. Teachers not only tell them about the love of Christ, but shows them. The boys learn to understand how the Bible events, people, and places fit together and how to apply this understanding today.
Junior High Girls Junior High girls are taught about friendship and working together as a team as they study God’s word and His love.
Senior High Boys Senior High boys begin to connect as they share their beliefs. They interact with the teacher and each other as they move from teenager to adulthood.
Senior High Girls Senior High girls begin to dig deeper into the Bible as they transition from teens to young adults.
Young Adults The Young Adults find many ways to learn God’s Word while studying and bonding. At times they meet away from the church at a park, the beach, restaurants, etc.
Men The Men’s class is a comfortable and unique fellowship. They discuss their roles in the church, home, and community .
Women The Women’s Class focuses on Women in the Bible, and talk about their relationship with God and Jesus. The women compare their lives with the lives of the women mentioned in the Bible. There is encouragement, insight, and laughter as the women grow closer together.
Family God set up marriage as a reflection of His relationship with the church. In this way, when Christians are glorifying God through successful marriages, they build up the body of Christ. To promote this union, we use God’s Word to help establish and grow your marriage and build bonds with other married couples.
Seniors The Seniors Class is the seasoned group. Their life experiences, knowledge and age differences stands out from other classes. Due to many years of studying the Bible, the Seniors are able to share life’s changes and God’s blessings.
- Deacons The Deacon Ministry is a systematic plan for reaching every family unit in the church through a personal ministry. Its basic feature is the organization of the church membership by families into groups of equal size. Each group of families is then assigned to a Deacon, who accepts the responsibility for personal ministry to the families in his group.
- Chrysalis THIS MINISTRY WILL RESUME AT A LATER DATE
- Spanish Ministry En cualquier momento dado nos hemos visto necesitados de algo ya sea econmico, espiritual, moral, o fisico ~ pero la realidad es que hemos o estamos necesit ndoos. Y que mejor que pedir Al que TODO lo da, sin medida. Nuestro ministerio le motivara a vivir una vida con proposito, una vida llena de paz y tranquilidad. El ministerio de la Iglesia Bautista de Encanto provera lo que este necesitando. Le asistir en el crecimiento espiritual, que es lo mas esencial!
Venga visitenos o llamianos para poder visitar con usted. Puede comunicarse, llame Bro. Jose Ochoa, (619) 608-0089, o llame (619) 264-8641. Visitenos al 6020 Akins Street, San Diego, CA 92114 (esquinas de la calle 60 y Imperial).
Nos reunimos todos los Martes de 6:30-7:30 pm.
- Women Refined To provide a mentoring and support system founded in love for God, and compassion for women who are/or have been incarcerated, through a nurturing relationship and application of biblical principles. Any woman who sincerely desires a change in her life, and is willing to accept Christ as The Way can attend.
- “The Upper Room” will resume at a later date.
- “Prison Ministry” will resume at a later date.
- Angel Tree Ministry This ministry is held once a year at Christmas to provide gifts of toys or clothing to children of incarcerated parents.
- Brotherhood Prepares the young men of ESBC to be Christian leaders in the church, their homes, school, jobs, and to set Christian examples wherever they are.
- WMU To educate and involve women, girls, and pre-schoolers in the cause of Christian missions.
Y – Yielding to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
C – Committed to Evangelism.
B – Believers Building Disciples
- YCB – The YCB comprises male youth age 12 years through young adult (with individual exceptions). These young men are inspired and trained so that they can grow in Christ. They are involved in various church ministries to help them discover their God-given talents
- YCS YCS is a ministry for young ladies between 13 – 17 years old. Young ladies are encouraged through Godly teaching, prayer, and examples as they mature into young ladies. They aspire to build a closer relationship with Christ and each other as they face the unique challenges of adolescence.
- Convalescent/Homebound Ministry This ministry provides Bible study, prayer and worship to members who are in nursing homes or rehabilitation centers. Volunteers who serve in the Homebound Ministry visit in homes of those who are unable to attend church, ministering to them and praying with them.
VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL To reach out to children and adults in the community; to share Jesus Christ, and positively impact the Kingdom of God.
Scholarship Provides financial gifts to youths attending college
STEWARDSHIP Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loveth a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) God is the source of all blessings, and all that we have and are, we owe to Him.
- Finance Team Manages the church finances and is responsible for all accounting, disbursements and reports.
- Trustees State mandate responsible for the physical property of the church.
- Treasurer Receives and deposit all monies and keeps a current record
PRAYER Jesus urged His disciples to beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His harvest. (Matthew 9:38). The ministry of prayer is the focal point at Encanto. Before any task is started, before worship, before any meal, a prayer is said. We are simply following our Lord as He taught the necessity of prayer. Encanto Church teaches the importance of individual daily prayer and quiet time.
The Prayer Ministry hosts a prayer vigil throughout the year: Easter, Back to School and Thanksgiving. Prayer vigils begin Saturday at 4:00 a.m. and ends Sunday at 4:00 a.m. The back to school activities consist of Prayers Under the stars where youths and adults speak on topics relating to a biblical theme. A Prayer breakfast is held in January with activities, speakers, and with emphasis on God’s Word.
- Early Sunday Morning Prayer
Sunday morning prayer is available to members and non-members of Encanto. Prayer begins at 7:25 a.m. and several mininstries are assigned a Sunday.
- Wednesday Prayer Meeting and Bible Study
Noon This Bible Study time is designed for retirees, those who work evenings, and those who are unable to attend Wednesday night Bible class. On the second Wednesday, at 11:00 a.m. a faith-based movie is shown.
7:00 p.m. (Prayer Meeting) Where we focus on the prayer needs of our church, community, state, nation, and the world.
P.U.S.H. (Pray Until Something Happens) An on-line prayer ministry. Members email the ministry leader with prayer requests, updates and answered prayers. This allows members to begin praying immediately.
MISSIONS A ministry commissioned to propagate the faith and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ through the process of bringing others to Christ, and teaching them to bring others to Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20)
- Outreach Encompasses the service and evangelistic ministries of the church in the community that lives and works within its immediate boundaries. Outreach builds relationships with neighbors in order to serve others and to proclaim the gospel.
- Faith Training: An 8-week training session that teaches members how to become effective in witnessing.
- Faith in Action: An annual event where the doors of the church are closed so that Encanto can focus on community service.
- Outreach Fair: October is Outreach Month and the Outreach Fair is held annually in October. Booths are set up in the parking lot with information about the ministries. Other agencies participate (health, law enforcement, etc.) which is a great opportunity for youth to get involved.
- In-reach – A ministry in conjunction with Outreach where phone calls are made to the members who may be ill. An opportunity to meet their spiritual and physical needs. Missions and Ministry work together for this cause.
- Seven Continents Ministry Our church would like to see missionaries spreading the gospel in all parts of the world.
- Youth Helps prepare the youth of ESBC to know, worship, and serve God as well as others, so that the body of Christ might be built up. The youth conduct services on the third Sundays.
- Seniors Being more mature and grounded in God’s Word, seniors are more apt to share their knowledge and experiences with others.
- Disaster Relief ESBC must plan how their members will respond to disasters, large or small, in our community. By planning beforehand, and coordinating with the local government and Red Cross, our church can minister in times of crisis.
- GRIEF & LOSS MINISTRY Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. (Matthew 5:4) A ministry that addresses all types of grief and loss while offering hope to the grieving. These losses include but or not limited to: loss of independence, loss of a pet, loss of health, and loss of a loved one. This ministry meets to give comfort and understanding to the person hurting. Restoration happens when participants are involved in an activity as a group, when they receive support, and by teaching them that the grieving process is normal.
- SD Food Bank Distribution – A monthly food giveaway ministry sponsored by the San Diego Food Bank.
FACILITIES MANAGER — The Facilities Manager is responsible for maintaining and overseeing Encanto’s grounds, buildings, and equipment to ensure that the workspace is safe and functional. The duties include negotiating contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates.
Facilities Manager Duties and Responsibilities
The Facilities Manager performs many maintenance, safety and management tasks that promote a clean and safe working environment for the building’s tenants, including:
- Delegating/assigning cleaning and maintenance tasks to others
- Monitoring the safety and cleanliness of interior and exterior areas, such as offices, conference, parking lots, and outdoor spaces
- Performing/contracting routine maintenance on facilities and repairs as needed
- Scheduling routine inspections and emergency repairs with outside vendors
- Ensuring proper security measures for the facility, including collaborating with security system vendors or security team professionals if warranted
- Maintaining day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders
- Creating reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for Finance team, Core Leadership and other relevant staff
- Preparing facilities for changing weather conditions
- Collaborating with Pastor, Finance Team and Core Leadership on facility annual budget
COOPERATIVE PROGRAMS/CALIFORNIA MISSION SUPPORT — Each year ESBC prayerfully decides how much of its un-designated gifts will be committed to reaching people in California and around the world. This amount is forwarded to the California Baptist Convention (CBC).
- Lottie Moon A Christmas offering for international missions.
- Annie Armstrong An Easter offering to assist missionaries.
- California Mission Offering (CMO) An annual offering to support California missionaries,
DEPARTMENT OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness. (2 Tim 3:16-17) This newly formed ministry was created for the purpose of seeking the need for, and scheduling training sessions, workshops, and seminars for ESBC leaders, teachers and members. Planning, conducting, and evaluating Christian education will train leaders to work in God’s ministries.
ADMINISTRATION God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second, prophets, third, teachers, then miracles, gifts of healing, helps, administration. (1 Cor 12:28). This supportive ministry utilizes people and physical resources in order to meet the church’s objectives and goals. By planning, organizing, and leading, this ministry brings an orderly, effective, and efficient process to the needs of the church.
TRANSPORTATION And the Lord said unto the servant, go out into the highways and hedges and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. (Luke 14:23). The Transportation Ministry will give rides to and from church every Saturday and Sunday. This ministry will need a 24-hour notice prior to pick-up. Contact Deacon Noland or Deacon Dickerson at 619-264-8641.